Section 2 Lecture 32 Challenge Complete

There is some good work here. Having a good time with the course. Here is mine so far:

When I created the stairs to the top, they were sticking out way into the air. So, after creating an array of stairs, I had to rotate by 6.5 degrees… but now that means all the horizontal surfaces of the steps are also slanted at 6.5 degrees too. You can’t see that here unless I zoomed in, but I created so many stairs that this view of them creates a Moire pattern.

use the Array Modifier

here is mine, still got some work to do :stuck_out_tongue:
Mayan temple

My pyramid Challenge

I don’t know if you guys know your game or you just play around a lot that you get so awesome looking designs.
Mines just basic followed in tutorial.

Here is my pyramid with stairs.

Love array…

The array is definitely an awesome tool to have. Really made those stairs easy

I approached this a little differently. I used the loop cut to section the ramp the size of each tier. Then again to divide the section into planes for the steps. With the normals switched to visible I moved every other edge to form the steps. I then used the Array Modifier to position the segments of steps.

My attempt!

Array Modifier took me an hour to figure out super excited about the stuff I am learning. Thank you!

So I had a few challenges with the stairs, not sure why they fanned out at the bottom and the esdges of the stairs were a pain, but the end result looks pretty neat. Would love to be able to texture it but will have to come back to that :wink:

Ok well it has stairs, i did muck it up a little. After creating the pyramid i realized i somehow created a beveled step at the bottom. I could not figure out how to correct that mistake after the pyramid was built other than deleting the step. Here is the result with stairs.

hi, its my pyramide challenge

front side im came along with my beginner skills and back side after instructors notes
and it was very very different ways, but it works fine)

i cant wait to learn how to fix texture… :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms