Section 2 Lecture 32 Challenge Complete

My final pyramid.

1 Like

There you go!

2 Likes

Here is my Mayan Pyramid with the stairs added.

2 Likes

My mayan Pyramid

3 Likes

I spent quite a bit on this challenge just to push myself further. (I know Blender somewhat so I textured mine). Here are the results. Hope you like!

Be creative!

Cheers, Jax

9 Likes

Try changing the location of your light, it could be a shadow projection

I did, didn’t fix it, but thanks.

64 steps! I love the array modifier!

Took a few times to get the ramp correct but once in place the array modifier and loop cuts work great. Fun project

1 Like

Heyy!!! Here’s my pyramid! I really enjoyed this section!

2 Likes

1 Like

Hey guys, not sure what I did, followed instructions and for some reason when I do the array modifier and add 33 steps, they slowly seperate and go into my face, making my pyramid i did what the video stated and now im lost for words

UPDATE: I managed to fix it, changed my constant offset Z to .015 and has seemed to fix it, guess my ramp wasnt exactly 45 degrees

Thats friggin awesome! i too know abit about blender and how to texture the image, did you texture the whole bottom of the pyramid with different images?

Thanks! I appreciate your feedback.

I am not sure what you mean with the “whole bottom of the pyramid” but I unwrapped with seams as one object. The ground plane was one object and for the background I used a free HDRI -image. As a diffuse texture I used a non seamless free rock texture which I edited in photoshop. Ultimately I used a little bit of node trickery (on cycles rendered) to scale the image so it looks “right”. Basically I did the same for the stairs (they are 2 same objects).

I finalized the image with a sun lamp with positioning but didn’t bother to do any compositing or after processing on photoshop because it was just a small exercise (that went a bit overboard).

I hope I answered your question. :slight_smile:

1 Like

heheh, this looks like a lego pyramid! very nice.

here’s mine

It’s good I followed the instructions, as the stairs were a perfect fit.

1 Like

thanks for the reply! cheers

Here’s the progress I have made so far:

Pretty simple, but I’ll get there… eventually :wink:

1 Like

Finished the stairs!

Privacy & Terms