Section 1 Final Challenge

Well, after looking at many of the student uploads, I have to say that I am rather embarrassed to share. So many of you are incredibly talented and creative. I bow to your superior skills.

I happened to have an old film camera sitting on my desk, so, that is what I used. Very low poly and I had to Google a little to look for functions that I needed (like, Extrude). But, I am beginning to feel much more comfortable with Blender.

Thanks for the great start!

5 Likes

Of course, you can look at designs from other students. To get some inspiration and to get an indication of difficulty. But also take in consideration that not all students start with the same background.
Some of us come from different 3D applications. Or redo the course because of the new content.

Pick a subject and stick to your plan. Show us your results and learn from the comments, tips and problem-solving options. Do many small projects. Grow in the knowledge of the previous ones.

You have a beautiful model. ver recognizable. Good proportions! Great details.
Goof enough to proceed. Have fun!

A perfectly fine model. Never be intimidated or put off posting your work. As FedPete says, people here range widely in how long they have been doing 3d at all in any software, to some of us that did the original 2.7 course, to complete novices. I do not recall anyone being denigrating about other’s works. We have all been beginners once. I know I try to give comments and helpful criticism suited to the level of the work posted.

This camera model looks well proportioned and ‘right’. A very basic requirement for good models is good reference, and you used what was to hand rather than guess from your idea of a similar camera. That is a big hurdle and lesson many miss at an early stage.

Privacy & Terms