Section 1 final challenge - simple train model (Udemy)

Hello to all :slight_smile:
Here is my first model in Blender, made of mesh objects.

Modeling was quite fun, but coloring and lighting were a bit challenging, hope I’m gonna get more comfortable with those during next lessons.
Also I’m not sure why the horizon isn’t straight but has that small peak in the middle , just like there is a plane corner there (but it isn’t). Maybe someone could help me with that. Thanks in advance!

3 Likes

Welcome!

It is a really great job for a first mesh model!!

I had this problem with my horizon and I haven’t found the solution yet. If I remember correctly, I added a plane to hide all that :sweat_smile:. I would like to know the reason for this angle too!

1 Like

Hey Hey, thank you very much! It means a lot! :slight_smile:

Yup I was thinking about adding plane behind the trees but turns out the shadows of the trees were visible on that plane and that is not what I wanted.

1 Like

Yeah I understand the reason not doing that! Maybe somebody will explain us the problem :grinning:
Keep up your good work!

2 Likes

Great toy train model.

Welcome to this site.

I wonder if the plane is getting clipped? The view and the camera have clipping ranges close and far. Beyond which they do not look for things to render.

View one in in the N right side tool panel View tab. The camera one needs the camera selected and it is in the camera green icon object data properties panel. Extend the long distance.

3 Likes

Thank you, definitely feeling welcomed :slight_smile:

And yeah - it works!! Thank you so much!

4 Likes

Welcome, that’s a very cute scene, enjoy the course!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms