Second Head work in progress

Since starting work on my first head, Ive also had a second head in development as a break time distraction. Progress is slower as i dont get much time to work on it. Ive just had a stab at using the photo as a base texture - not finished of course, but I thought I’d post my progress. I think the uncombed hair is rather apt, as she does look rather suprised at the moment

3 Likes

A progress update - still plenty of face texturing work to be done… and should i fix the square chin?

1 Like

I added a b&w image texture to control the balance between the top skin texture and the lower 'flesh colour layers and translucancy - the reason being makeup. The makeup didnt look right. The eyeshadown and lipstick needed to stand out much more than skin, without underlying flesh layers and translucancy.
This is where I am at today…

1 Like

The final render. Ive reached the point of diminishing returns, and so its time to move on to head number 3.

In this iteration i fixed a few errors on placement of the diffuse map, such as the lips, and the specular map (the lips again). I puffed up the hair, and fixed the eyelash - so at this point I feel more like a beautician than a model maker.

The biggest issue I have with this model is the view from an angle - I had the same issue with my previous model. When viewing at an angle, the eyebrow ridge doesnt look quite right - something to watch out for on model number 3.

Oh yeh - I did go back and tweak the chin just a little.

3 Likes

Very, very nice. A lot of work here.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms