Sculpt January 2020

Day 10: old

3 Likes

I’m having a tough time choosing my favorite so far out of all these great sculpts! So far my favorite is either Rigid, Machine, or Liquid.

1 Like

@Ethan_Martinez

That’s nice to hear :grin::+1:t2:
I hope next week I’ll have some more spare time to make some better pieces. And I still need to catch up the two missing ones :joy::+1:t2:

Can’t wait!

1 Like

Day 11: Work

3 Likes

I really like the vividness you’ve put in some of your models.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s not always easy to achieve :grin::+1:t2:

I’ve seen other works of yours and you definitely got a talent for it. Keep up the good work!

1 Like

@Ethan_Martinez thanks a lot for your kind words :grin::+1:t2:
That really encourages me to keep going :muscle:t2:

I like this one, from the “Sculpt January”. Because it’s telling a story, which makes more interesting to look at.

1 Like

Day 12: Absent

5 Likes

Interesting colouring in. Is there some special system, this ‘toon’ shader I have heard of but never looked for, is this something like that? Like a dilute glaze, pooling in the hollows. Nice job as usual. :smile:

1 Like

Actually it was just a custom stylized smart material from substance painter. But interestingly in reaction with blenders lights, it turned out like that :smiley:

Day 13: Folklore

Feel like it’s getting worser instead of better… xD

3 Likes

If your will sculpt, why texturing … choose clay ?
Focus lies on sculpt, using a texture can be of influence on the general view.

1 Like

I think the main problem is the timeframe. I‘d like to take more time and make more serious sculpts, but I can’t afford to spend more max.3 hours per piece. Most often are still between 1-2h. Well, after January I will do more serious stuff again, and won’t have this feeling of rush and unfinished project :grin:

Day 14: Crystalline

3 Likes

Wow these are all incredible! do you think that in order to start using the sculpting part on blender you have to be at least a little good with the ‘layout’ part? I am interested in sculpting but kinda new on blender at all…

1 Like

@Pablo_Bellotto
Not necessarily, but you should be familiar with the interface. And it depend on if you want to start your sculpt with a base mesh or just use a sphere and shape it.

1 Like

Day 15: Furious

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms