Samsung Galaxy s6 not recognized by computer

Hello all,
I receive this error every time I connect to my computer through USB.
The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.

I have spent hours trying to fix this error and none of the things I tried have worked.

Hi,

This is a very broad topic, so not entirely sure how far we will get, but lets see what we can do.

Is that message displayed when you plug your mobile phone into your computer via USB each time?

Assuming so, perhaps consider starting here:

I would recommend looking within Device Manager and see if there is anything that it doesn’t recognise and uninstall it first.

I have the same phone and when I plug mine in it is recognised and within Explorer it will appear as an icon of the phone and a drive letter will be assigned to it.

If I double-click on it I can then explore the phone, however, if the phone is locked I need to enter my pin in order for this to be updated.

I honestly can’t remember whether I needed to install anything specifically for my phone (I’m using Windows 10), but I believe I did install something which enabled me to transfer files, maybe Smart Switch or something similarly named, chances are if this was the case that may have installed the relevant USB support I needed if it wasn’t already present in Windows 10.

Ok thank you. What happened is the USB cable I was using didn’t have the wire for media transfer. I switched cables and it worked! Thanks again!

1 Like

Hi,

Wow, I have to say, that is incredibly lucky, I was worried we would be spiraling down the path of doom for a while with this one. Great to hear you have resolved it and can move forward again! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms