RPG Game like Sacred or Diablo in Unity

We hear you.

neat idea, this would make for a great poll
(even though im personally a pc guy(so iā€™ll probably pick the former), but it does sound interesting, im pretty sure many would like to vote on it :slight_smile: ) and still if it ends up with a clash of clans clone, iā€™d still jump, because, both ideas seem to have a lot of things iā€™d like to learn :slight_smile:

Iā€™d love to have this as a follow-on course rather than a beginner course, and I agree with @anon10976818 that the original idea is better

A follow-on course would be great, I donā€™t think that the game matters too much. The most important is to get that intermediate content covered.

Either idea is good. And I would take either course, though I might be more interested in the CoC style game.

I wish this game could be more than a exercise, I would like that we could work in a complete game that later could be distributed through steam, for example.

For this, we could use community members to develop the art, sound or system that are not interesting for lessons. If this is not possible, perhaps we can promote crowdsourcing for these elements.

1 Like

This is our highest voted course, and @Michael_Bridges and I will be moving to this in a couple of weeks. Meanwhile also keep up to date here:

(Medium term weā€™ll be bringing the voting into this community site, but not until we can replicate the best bits of the functionality)

1 Like

I would like to add this idea into this: http://help.gamedev.tv/forums/356757-content-suggestions/suggestions/16542007-gamedesign-getting-things-done-with-kanban-scru

So quick question hereā€¦ when you say a follow-on course, does this mean someone who completes the complete unity developer course could then jump right into the rpg course?

Absolutely, the idea is anyone who has finished Glitch Garden is ready

Itā€™s liveā€¦

2 Likes

Is the actual course live, or just the kickstarter?

@hypnometal, the kickstarter

Itā€™s been amazing to get funded in under 3 days, and now weā€™re hurtling towards our stretch-goals. Thanks everyone!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms