RPG Course, inventory

Hello,

I’m adding the 2 UI Dragging.unitypackage and I get 3 script errors:

1. Assets\GameDev.tv Assets\Scripts\UI\Inventories\ActionSlotUI.cs(59,18): error CS1501: No overload for method ‘SetItem’ takes 2 arguments
  2. Assets\GameDev.tv Assets\Scripts\UI\Inventories\InventoryUI.cs(45,24): error CS1061: ‘InventorySlotUI’ does not contain a definition for ‘Setup’ and no accessible extension method ‘Setup’ accepting a first argument of type ‘InventorySlotUI’ could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
  3. Assets\GameDev.tv Assets\Scripts\UI\Inventories\EquipmentSlotUI.cs(80,26): error CS1503: Argument 1: cannot convert from ‘GameDevTV.Inventories.EquipableItem’ to ‘UnityEngine.Sprite’

I also tried adding the 3rd and 4th packages, but they have errors too.

Thank you,
George

It looks like you may be adding the packages from the first lectures to the course project in the state that it’s in after the Inventory course.

The only package that should be integrated into your project is the Inventory.Zip package in the final section of the course. The unitypackages in the earlier lectures should be added to clean projects, as they contain everything they need for the lesson, but will likely break an existing project.

Hi Brian,

I am adding the packages from the “All Inventory Builds.zip” file one at a time, in order to follow the videos.
The 0 START HERE and the 1 Mock Inventory UI worked ok.
The problem starts in the 2 UI Dragging package.
I will try to correct the errors, otherwise I will use the Inventory.Zip package as you said.

Thanks

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms