Rotation of prefab

I noticed that changing rotation of a prefab doesn’t seem to carry over to its instances. Is that normal?

It should. Are you applying the rotation after you created the prefab, then applying the changes back to the prefab?

Yes, I’ve already created the prefab (it’s a block in Block Breaker). Then I change its z rotation to 45 degrees. If I drag that to the scene I can see the rotation but the rest of the instances that I already made from that prefab don’t update. I’ve wondering if the position and rotation settings of game objects ALWAYS override.

[added… note that they are always bold. I think Rick said something to that effect in the video but it wasn’t clear to me]

So in 2019.3.0f1 if I right click on the rotation and apply back for the prefab all instances change. But that would make sense. If you applied the transform back all other instances would reset to that position. Rotation is different, and I can apply them back separately

Ok, now it’s working. I don’t know what I was doing wrong before. lol

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms