RESOLVED: Problems with Argon Assault Timeline

Hi All,

So I am having a very strange issue with my player rig timeline that I am hoping someone can help me with. I start my timeline much like Rick does with my ship taking off and moving in a straight line. This all works fine. I then move the camera to a new location and use the “Align with View” option to move my player rig, rotating around a corner. Here is where things get strange. The new rotated direction my player rig is facing in now seems to apply to my timeline as a whole. If I move back through the timeline the ship stays pointing in this new direction through out the entire thing. This is despite the fact that when I check the Animation for the player rig I can see the points when the rotation applies and can watch the values change in the timeline, without any apparent change on the screen. As a result when I try to play the game my ship starts embedded in a wall, even though this is not where it was when I set the first key frame.

I am using unity version 2018.1.1f1, I don’t know if there are any issues with this build or whether I am simply doing something wrong. I have tried redoing it several times now and everything work fine until I rotate the player rig for the first time.

Thanks

So it took a great deal of playing around but I have finally found the solution to this issue, if not the cause.

For some reason when I was rotating my player rig for the first time it was applying the rotation values to the first key frame in my timeline. It was then applying these rotation values as set values for the rest of the timeline, regardless of how much I rotated the player rig after that.

However, by manually resetting the rotation values on the first key frame back to zero in the Animation tab this problem went away. Suddenly all the rotation started working correctly and my player rig made the twists and turns it was meant to be doing.

If anyone has any ideas why this was happening in the first place I would love to know. I am sure I must have a setting or something configured differently which is causing this to happen.

Anyway with that resolve I can finally get on with completing what has been by far my favourite project in the course so far.

Privacy & Terms