Renaming Player did not work quite as well as shown in the video

After renaming Player to PlayerController in the script, and saving, I noticed that it did not rename the original script. I did use the rename tool (Ctrl R Ctrl R) (although there was only 1 occurrence of the name). I recall somewhere that the script name must be the same as the name in the script. Im using Windows 10

In Ben’s video, the script name itself is somehow renamed to PlayerController. Was this manually changed but not shown, or was the script name supposed to change automatically? Perhaps I have an incorrect setting? Did I miss something?

Thanks

I sure hope you have this sorted by now. Just in case you don’t, this is how I did it:

First I renamed the class. After I did a small “light bulb” appeared at the front of the code. Click on the light bulb (or press ctrl + . ) and a drop down list should give you the option of rename file to “newClassName”.

I hope that helps.

5 Likes

I was having the same problem and this solved it. Thank you Jeepty!!! I had to quit the course yesterday I was so frustrated (It was rough on my bad heart!). Trying to fix it myself only made matters worse. This was simple when I clicked on the light bulb; Ben and team, please edit a comment in about that light bulb if possible, and sorry if I missed a previous lesson about the importance of the light bulb.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms