Remeshing doing some strange things

I’m making the demon ogre model and remesh is changing my subdivided cube from

to

Any ideas? It looks like it is overriding the subdivisions and remeshing the original cube. Blender version 2.92.0

2 Likes

Loo long ago for me. But I think it is too fast for remesh.
use subsurface for the first steps.

1. Block
  2. subsurface (step1 or 2) apply
  3. Model, sculpt
  4. subsurface (step1 or 2) apply
  5. Model, sculpt

for details step over to remesh. and sculpt.

1 Like

Are you following the lectures? Felt sure no use of remesh was there at this stage.

1 Like

Section 4, Lecture 42, 3 min 40 secs. I’m just confused as to why its not working the way it does in the lecture. And yes, I’m following it down to the letter. 4

I tried those steps and it worked up to the remesh. I just got a huge square if I try to remesh and at .02 it crashes Blender.

1 Like

A big square means remesh number is too high
Crash means, a too small number (too many vertices generated).

The remesh tool has a ink drop picker, it is used to give a value of the current remesh value.
change it slightly.

1 Like

Yeah that was exactly it. the mesh was at 1.13 and I changed it slightly and it worked perfectly. Man I thought I was going insane, I have been following the lessons as closely as humanly possible and I’ve been stuck at this part for about a week now with no progress.

2 Likes

I can understand that. But some properties depending on your hardware capacity and project setup.
Try to learn what it does (and why), instead of following the tutor for 100%.

Glad you can continue!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms