Regarding Niagara Particle Systems

This does not have anything to do with the course but…

Does anyone know how to enable Niagara in cpp ? I have tried adding it to the list of module names in build.cs, and also tried directly including the path from Engine. Neither seems to work.

If anyone has some idea on how to import classes from the plugin in C++ do let me know.

What error’s are you getting trying that?

It says it cannot find the component specified even upon providing the complete path to the headers.

I tried out all the methods listed online in the link here [https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/c-gameplay-programming/1622483-4-22-niagara-and-c], and finally settled on simply turning on a boolean flag in cpp and enabling the effect in blueprints.

This feels a little strange to use as it cannot be extended nor can it be reused and I would have to provide a separate functionality to all parts of the program that would like to spawn a niagara particle system. As opposed to having a singular function being able to spawn any niagara system passed to it as an argument in cpp.

What engine version are you using? I’ll see if I can get it working on my end.

I have tried using both 4.23 and 4.25.

Do let me know if you can figure something out.

I found where the header files actually are :
For windows its :-
C:\Program Files\Epic Games\UE_4.23\Engine\Plugins\FX\Niagara\Source\Niagara\Public/

This directory has all the required files. I am unable to access them in my Code however, even on including the entire file path and by following the official adding the module to build.cs and setting up paths to the module.

So you’re not even able to include the header? All I did was add “Niagara” in the Build.cs and recompile and was able to include in on my end using 4.25.

I tried that but it didn’t work. I guess I will try verifying integrity of my engine and try again.

Thanks for letting me know.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms