Which way of making buttons is better?

I’m wondering which way I should use to make a button: straight out of the menu or first make a text element and then add the button component.

Is there a difference between the two? The only difference I’ve seen is that the button from the menu has a “text” child object in the hierarchy.

As far as I can see, if you use the UI…New Button Menu item it actually creates a button. Adding a button bit to the text just makes it clickable text, which is <cough> not as good. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, the menu creates a whole button while the other method just gives text the functions of a button.

I’m just wondering if one is better to use or if it’s up to whatever the user needs. On one hand a button can be useful, but other times you might just need text instead of the button graphic as well.

Totally up to you. They both running same and working as button its just what you want. If you not have an background image u can save the image component by just using the text as button

It really doesnt matter, the performance will be nearly the same. With the button image maybe 1% more in compare to only 1 text button.

You can make a test about what runs how fast instantiate with a script like 100 buttons in a row and debug the time between the buttons. Now u can make the same with text buttons then u actually can see the difference of performance

Regards alex

1 Like

Probably not, have tons of other problems I’m trying to solve. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks for the help!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms