Pyramid ramp help please!

I’m having issues in edit mode selecting and filling in the edges to create my ramp as per the instructor at 6:50

1 Like

Can you swend a screen shot? (Blender main menu: Window > Save ScreenShot).

Because some of us, did this course many months or years ago. We can’t recall the challenge.

But some tips:

• Select the correct tool: vertex, edge or face selection.
  • Give hotkey command 'e' to Extrude and drag selected item.
  • Give hotkey command 'x' to Delete

Do not try (test) options, because when you forgot to put them in the default state. Unexpected Blender behavior could occurr.

Let us know how it goes.

Hi, it was selecting all the edges of the steps of the pyramid to make a ramp. I can’t seem to select just the edges without selecting the other parts too.

Still difficult to say is happening. Are you in EDIT mode? (using TAB).

If you select two verticies, the connecting edge is automatically selected as well. If you select 3 or more verticies, then not only will the edges be selected but, if they create a face that will be selected as well. This holds true for edges as well. when you select an edge, you automatically select the verticies that create that edge. When you select three or more edges you not only get the verticies but you also automatically select any face created by thos edges. Thus, by selecting all of the edges making up the steps, you are in fact selecting the faces.

Try selecting only the edges you want to erase.

Maybe try posting some screenshots from the window menu inside blender or upload the file to this thread so we can see a bit more of what is going on

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms