Project Planet X

HI guys, this is my first release of the rocket game for the Unity Developer course. I would like to take this moment to thank Rick and entire team for delivering such a quality course :smiley:
I’m not that far into it yet but already learnt so much!

I think I definitely need to work on my level design but any further additional suggestions to improve it would be much appreciated. I’ve already seen so many brilliant submissions of the rocket project, it’s amazing to see the original ideas other developers have came up with :slightly_smiling_face:

Here is the link to my version:

Thanks for taking the time to look everyone!

6 Likes

This is really cool, I truly enjoyed it, at some point the game got hard but not impossible nor frustrating, I think you did great.

How many levels are there? I finished all but I didn’t count them, I’m actually quite surprised by that, often people do 5 levels, rarely 10, but more than that is really hard to see and I think you created more than 10.

My favorite has to be this one.

Nice work

Hi @Yee
Thank you so much for the kind words, I’m glad you enjoyed this one and didn’t get too frustrated or bored :smiley:

There are currently 10 levels in there at the moment, so sounds like you got to the end which is great!

What was it about the level in the screenshot that makes this the best one for you out of curiosity?
As I’d like to hone in on that and maybe spend a little more time finessing it to make it a little more enjoyable.

Can you think of anything which would improve this level at all? One of the things I’ve done with it (not sure if you noticed) is I have place invisible barriers around the sides and the top of the level, so if you fly too far to either side, or too high up, BOOM! :slightly_smiling_face:
However, I wasn’t sure whether this would be frustrating or not for the player though. If it is, I am thinking about maybe adding a proximity effect which give the player some indication they’re getting too close to the barriers etc.
I think for this particular level I was toying with the idea of changing the feel of the game and giving more open space to play in, but then at the same time it can make it feel kind of empty, lol.

I liked that it felt different from the other levels, the ambiance and the decoration helped a lot with that. It also felt like a refreshing experience after all those levels that are almost claustrophobic.

1 Like

I know exactly what you mean, the other levels definitely do feel claustrophobic and the outside level gives a real sense of freedom. I’ll take this into account as I’m updating the game. Thanks again for your feedback @Yee it’s very much appreciated :+1:

That was challenging :smiley:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms