3D Magic Road Painter - Zombie Runner - Feedback please

Gah, sorry for taking so long to reply Frank! Personally, I would push this out for people to use with the current design and not worry about the cap ends. It looks like its awesome, so a couple of minor hiccups dont matter for now. As people use it, they’ll uncover all sorts of fun things that you hadn’t thought about!

3 Likes

Amazing job Frank, congratulations on that, such tools are very useful to help producing faster with the inbuilt unity Terrain, keep it going :smile:

I also feel that there aren’t many tools in the store that improves the unity terrain, most of them are totally different systems.

2 Likes

Hey Frank,

Actually I was thinking to ask someone or a voice actor to do that. When I hear others speaking ESL like that, I can’t help but instantly feel that they are less credible and less professional. It’s a feeling, nothing conscious, but I can’t imagine how it might affect native speakers when it affects me like that.

My thoughts were really only on the volume of the speech in your video, I didn’t have any difficulty or thoughts towards what I was hearing, any accent etc. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey guys,

Plans might have to change due to recent developments. I will let you know once I know more.

1 Like

Hot diiggity! @FrankSlater That is awesomeness right there. I first thought it was a premium tool made by the Unity developers or some such. Great Work!

1 Like

Thank you @PheonixLucror!

I see you are making some awesome stuff too. I managed to get to the… [possibly man with a torch?] without taking too much damage. :slightly_smiling_face:

Keep on going on your journey and I think we will see you making great games. I know a number of guys in the community who do great stuff with similar theme like you. Who knows. One day you guys might team up and create something big!

Okay guys,

As I mentioned I will have some news. It is not public yet, but the gist of it is that the tool is taking a different direction. That means I won’t be able to get a free version out this time.

I’m sorry guys! An opportunity presented itself after we started signing up for the beta and not taking my best shot at it wasn’t really an option.

It wasn’t sure that I was going to be able to grab the opportunity, which is why it took me this long to provide an update. I had to wait until it got close enough to reality.

Due to the above, even if the news was public, I wouldn’t discuss it here.
This is not the place where I would want to get publicity for a paid product.

I’m also here to see what I should edit, or remove from here (if I can) so it does not lead people later to the tool that is going to be released this time.

I might need the help/guidance of a moderator to get this right.
Deleting the whole topic altogether could be the safest. I still like the idea of a simpler free version dedicated to GamedevTv, but things got way too busy now in the world of staying afloat (Toggl shows 471 hours for the last 6 weeks only). If I get around doing a separate free tool, I’m sure we will be able to inform the community about that one.

I wish you all the best and have fun creating!

Hi Frank,

Congratulations on your news.

Regarding your posts, it would be a shame to delete in them in one sense, as it shows what can be created, the interest in what has been created that follows and the success story. As you have explained the situation I don’t think anyone is going to hold you accountable for an offer of a freebie which is now not available.

Maybe there would one day be scope to offer a small discount on the product for GameDev.tv students instead? There is the Wiki : Free & Cheap Indie GameDev Resources which is hosted here and other people have offered discounts etc, not suggesting for a moment you have to, but it’s perhaps an alternative to a free version or the need to delete everything.

Anyhoo, just a thought. Well done again :slight_smile:

Thanks @Rob!

The first time I realised this could help a lot of people and I might even be able to sell it on the Asset Store, I wanted to give something like ~100% discount for 1-2 weeks and 50% discount after that to GameDev.tv students.

Later I learned that the Asset Store doesn’t allow anything like that. So at the moment the only possible way seems to be if I will be able to release a free path tool that deals with the most cumbersome part of the process.
I will now have to consider other things and people when I’m making these decisions, so at the moment I can’t promise anything.

Cheers

1 Like

Hi Frank,

No worries, sounds like you are now part of a team and obviously as such decisions need to be agreed by all.

I am fairly certain people who read this thread will understand and wish you the best with the project(s) as it/they develop further.

Well done again with the development :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks Rob!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms