Problem with Standard Assets - No Longer working w 2019

It’s no longer possible to use Unity Standard assets with this course. I’ve spend a week trying, including going back to the 2017 version of Unity.
I could not use the waypoint script and now I can’t use the Crossplatform script.
what are my options?

Thanks

Hi Harmienta,

I’m sorry to hear that you are having problems with the Standard Assets. Which exact version of Unity do you use?

Instead of CrossPlatformInput, you could simply use Unity’s built-in Input.

Are there any error messages pointing to the Circuit assets? If so, what do they say? If they say “Replace X with Y”, double click on them and do what they suggest.

If the Circuit asset is causing too much trouble, remove it. Watch the video without implementing the Circuit in your project. It’s just that one lecture. In a later lecture, Rick is going to replace the waypoints with a Timeline animation, so you will not miss anything crucial.

The message I get is that there is a compiler error if I use either script.
It looks like I can’t do lesson 86 ( cross platform) without having a waypoint system, but I can’t use the cross platform script. I going to use the basic input manager and see how far I get. Either way, I just keep going through the tutorial. :frowning:

What errors do you get? Without knowing what exactly they say, I’m afraid it’s impossible for me to tell you what you need to do to fix them (given I know a way to fix them).

“All compiler errors have to be fixed before you can enter playmode”

This is the message I get when I install either script. Again, I’ve had this error when creating the project in 2017 and 2019. I read that Unity has discontinued the standard assets.
They also have created a new input system to address cross platform.

Did you double click on one of the messages as suggested?

Hmm yeah, I think i know what @harmienta means.

The Standart Asset ist working. There some Errors with GUIText and GUIImage. You have to rename IT to Text and Image in the Scripts. There ist somewhere a FAQ about this. Maybe @Nina fit the Link Form this.

This has probably been fixed in the new packages in the package manager.
Closing due inactivity

Privacy & Terms