Probably a simple problem to solve on the armature and IK

Hey, quick follow up. Sphere seems to have unparented to the bone or something, because when I try to move it in pose mode the sphere just moves and the lampshade does not rotate. It was working before- just not sure what happened. Any ideas?

1 Like

Is your IK constraint still there? Normally the top bone before the sphere would be yellow if it was.

2 Likes

Do you use object-bone tracking of some sort?

2 Likes

My top bone here has IK constraints, but when I move the sphere in pose mode the bone does not move with it. Confused, but sure there is an answer. Thank you!

1 Like

Oh, you’re using auto ik. You should use the ik constraint for more control. But first of all make sure you have the right parenting going on. The sphere should be cleared of parents and the other bones should be connected in the order of the blue arrows.

When the parenting is correct you can add an IK constraint to the bone next to the sphere.

In the IK constraint, select the armature as the target and input the sphere as the bone, add a chain length of 3.

This should all be explained in the course. But hope this helps.

4 Likes

Thanks a ton! Yea, I followed the course precisely but I must have cleared constraints or something for some reason. Problem solved.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms