Prison text game with a different engine

I hope the text aligns properly and 0 typos.

I also used a different control structure from the lesson.

Here’s the game!

I also made some sort game dev doc while making this since i was taking time envisioning stuff in my head when i can just write it down.

Scenario 1: Cell

Player needs to examine items to help their character escape the prison cell.

Items of Interest:

Cell

Sheets

Mirror

Lock

Food Tray

Flags:

Acquired_Mirror
> boolean
> if true during Lock examination player can check the lock’s buttons

Acquired_Cocoa
>boolean
> if true during Lock examination player can choose to dust lock’s buttons with cocoa powder

Lock_Dusted
>boolean
> if true when player examines lock’s buttons using mirror he can press the button combination to unlock the cell

Interactions on Items of Interest:

Cell

player can examine items on the cell to examine: sheets, mirror, lock. food tray

Sheets

when on focus text description displays
player can choose to go back to cell’s choices of items to inspect

Mirror

acquirable
when player selects to acquire mirror, inspecting mirror from the cell’s list of interaction gets removed, sets Acquired_Mirror flag to true
if player chose to not pick up the mirror he can return to cell’s choices of items to inspect without changing the Acquired_Mirror flag

Lock

if Acquired_Cocoa is true, player can choose to dust the locks
if Acquired_Mirror is true, player can inspect lock the buttons
if both Acquired_Mirror and Lock_Dusted flags are true, player can escape

Food Tray

can acquire cocoa from food tray, sets Acquired_Cocoa to true
if player chooses to acquire cocoa while Acquired_Cocoa flag is true, a message will say he already took it with a return to previous message action.

Lock specifics

A_M A_C L_D Interaction
0 0 0 Description, Return
1 0 0 Description, Return, Inspect
0 1 0 Description, Return, Dust
0 0 1 State doesn’t exist
1 1 0 Description, Return, Inspect, Dust
0 1 1 Description, Return
1 1 1 Description, Unlock

It might be that what I did was messier than the example. Please share your thoughts.

I’m not able to play games that require a plugin. :frowning: Could you upload a WebGL build please?

Hi wcoltd thanks for the reply.

Here’s the webgl build!

Sorry if the text alignment is an eyesore I forgot to check them before uploading. I’ll do better on my future uploads!

Played the game, thought it was pretty standard. The script is similar to the instructors, some changes, adding cocoa powder to escape your cell was interesting. What you had of the game was well programmed, I didn’t see any programming errors. Although it was too short.

Yeah i didn’t add a corridor scene which was added on the lesson’s example later on since I want to progress faster with the lectures. Thanks for playing I’m glad to hear there are no errors. I hope to upload another game soon!

Privacy & Terms