Posting my well render

Hey all, thanks for having me here. I’m really enjoying the course so far and wanted to post my well render (I’m sure you’re all tired of seeing these by now). I realise I’ve got a couple of floating tiles, but I’m happy with it as a first project (and with the amount of time it took to render it - lets just say it’s probably not worth going back to fix it at this stage - the image I’ve uploaded it the cycle render). Thanks again!

7 Likes

Colors and tiles need a bit of work but outside that wonderful job and welcome to the community, keep up the work. If cycles takes too long on your pc i recommend eevee, just look into how to improve eevee settings for a cycles quality render.

3 Likes

Thanks! I was trying to mess the tiles up a little so it would look weathered, but ended up levitating some of them by accident in the process, a good learning experience though. Thanks for the feedback!

1 Like

Good way to think about it, look forward to more post.

1 Like

Welcome aboard!
Love the touch with a bench - makes me think of it as a real place and what scenes could be happening in it. Doesn’t happen nearly often enough:)

Hey! I love the angle and soft lighting so much! Looks great :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome to this site.

A fine well. Nicely done wall.

The tiles are a bit jumbled, but quite understandable from your aims mentioned in your later post.
Might be worth looking up how clay tiles are laid as a starting point when setting them out. It is always important to understand the ting you are modelling and have references to go by. Whether you have the item in front of you or find images and references online, or elsewhere.

1 Like

We scan them quickly…

No problem at all. It makes it more interesting!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms