Popup text not appearing

At 03:56 he starts typing and lots of suggestions popup. He goes on to explain that if you press CTRL + Shift + Space the text will come back up. This doesn’t do anything as no text pops up expecially the Getkey stuff.

I’m having the same issue, not only does it not provide context to the methods he’s calling but it seems like it’s not showing anything being pulled from unity’s database.

Hi @Gohzio, hi @lualdu,

Is Visual Studio Code selected as your External Script Editor in Unity (Edit > Preferences > External Tools)? And did you install the required extensions for VS Code?

See here:

Yes everything was setup as in instructions.

I have now found the resolution.

OmniSharp Log stated

The reference assemblies for framework “.NETFramework,Version=v4.7.1” were not found. To resolve this, install the SDK or Targeting Pack for this framework version or retarget your application to a version of the framework for which you have the SDK or Targeting Pack installed.

After repeatedly installing every SDK and Targeting pack linked on the visual Studio Code and unity page I searched for the specific version SDK and installed. This worked, I don’t know why 4.8 didn’t.

Thanks for trying.

1 Like

Unity always uses older versions of the .NET framework. Maybe the required version was not installed.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms