link

Special features are:
-waves that come down towards you in different patterns with different weapons
-Custom music made by me
-High Scores with Initials input when you beat a high score
-Progressive dificulty: the higher your score, the harder the game gets
-Power-ups
-A help page to get you started
-A boss that spawn when you have killed a certain amount of enemies.

Please let me know what you think!

I liked the idea, found myself enjoying it. For some reason I didn’t really like the control feel. For me power ups dropped quite rarely, was looking forward a bit more of them

Hello, thank you for playing my game! I decreased power-up chances because they were a bit OP, but you are right, they are too rare now. Maybe i should increase the spawnchance of a powerup with each enemy killed instead of leaving it to chance. Sometimes you get powerups constantly, other times you get none, which can be frustrating. Can you describe what you mean with the controls? It’s just move and shoot like in the course, but maybe i did something wrong?

Thanks again!

What I ment was that they feel stiff, my guess is that movement is missing drag.
E.g. I move right by holding right when I release the button I instantly stop. This is what feels a bit weird for me. For me it would make more sense if after releasing the button the ship would keep slowly sliding and then stopping. That’s my idea.

Cool game! I enjoyed the effects like the boss special weapon, as well as how you gave the enemies different weapons! Very creative! Not to mention how the player ship moved, nice touch.

Hey Hothitsu,

What a clever adaptation of the game. I really enjoyed what you put together. The game play for me was your best effort. The variation along with many enemy types, power ups, and varied attack patterns, not to mention changing the primary weapon was very cool to discover! I think I would have liked a bit better placed / more easy to read display for Hull Health. It’s fine reading the number but glancing up and down takes your eye away from what’s going on and in a game like this, no one can afford that!?! All in all, well done. 2 thumbs up here! Congrats on a job well done.

Jenn

Hello Jenn,

Thank you for giving my game a try and for your remarks!
I really liked tweaking the different weapons. I was surprised how easy it was to get the result i wanted with minimal fiddling. Thanks to unity I guess. :slight_smile:
I definitely agree the HUD could use improvement. i was thinking how I could visualize the health of the ship on the ship itself. I will work on these points in Project Boost. Doing that before Glitch Garden.

Thanks again!

Regards,

Benjamien

Nice game, well done on the extra touches you gave to it!
I personally didn’t like the way the music abruptly switches when going from the main screen to the high scores.
Maybe it’s a good idea to just have the secondary track play after game over but keep the main theme rolling when going to the high scores from the main menu. Just a thought…

I’m still working on mine, and probably won’t get into the 2.0 course before completing this one.
Don’t want to be riding two tracks at the same time. Although it’s probably not a bad idea as it gets you more practice on the same level.

Awesome!

Privacy & Terms