Player spinning around after killing enemies

In section 9 lesson of Basic Weapon Pickup, I have an issue whereby if I pick up a weapon ( sword in this case ) and kill an enemy, my player then proceeds to rotate / spin around on the spot. This does not happen if I kill the enemy while unarmed ( punching them ).

This is the state of my Sword Pickup
Screenshot_5

Could it be something I am not noticing in the prefabs of the weapons pack I am using?

Hi

Appears this question has slipped though the net on my support runs,

Was this resolved in the end and remeber you can always ask questions in the Q&A on Udemy as well.
Only thing that springs to mind is that the collider on the sword is dipping into the floor at the idle state after killing the enemy.

That is where i would start my investigation.

let me know if this is already solve and apologies that this was missed in the first place!

I did solve it (kinda). I did two things that stopped the issue

First was to change the default value for the rigidbody on the player, which seemed to have the issue happen about 40% of the time. Because at the time I though there was an issue with my player rigidbody colliding with the ground (if that’s even a thing?)

From
Screenshot_1

To
Screenshot_2

The next thing was to disable the box collider on the sword prefab, which completely stopped the issue from happening.

But today after you posted here, just out of curiosity I reset the player’s rigidbody back to the default values and re-enabled my sword’s prefab collider, and the issue isn’t happening at all. So at this point I don’t really know what was the issue, but its not happening anymore :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Glad to hear this is now resolved but please feel free to repost or ask for this to be reopened if it re-emerges :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms