Player Slips on Ground when jumping and running every so often

This is an example of what happens. The player slips on the ground surface every so often so dies. A latency issue it seems. I noticed this problem in a lot of games. It’s really annoying. I am running latest version of Unity 2021.2.3f.

This did the trick. Setting may be too high at 300 but whole game is running a lot smoother.

Picked up this tip from the Old Block Breaker Archive 55. Distance As A Vector towards end of tutorial

Well it was better then started doing same again. It’s not the script i dont think.

Hi Louise,

The game window is just a laggy preview. For this reason, it would be a good idea to build your game and test it first before looking for an issue in your project.

In the Rigidbody2D component, you could try to set “Interpolate” to “Interpolate” and the “Collision Detection” to “Continous”. Then test your game again.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply Nina.

So this may not happen in the actuall build. Cool i will test it

I gave game a couple of tests with WebGL build and game runs perfectly. Thanks Nina !

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms