Playback error in rendered animation

quick question, at frame 200 my lamp stops moving in the render, but in the viewport it plays to completion, any ideas on how to fix? really confused on what is going wrong (frames and frame rate set to correct settings too)
1 Like

How did you render the movie as a video clip.
Or as an image sequence?

I prefer as a image sequence. Then you can restart rendering at any starting point.
In case Blender has problems. Finally you combine images as a video.

Can be anything, bugs, memory etc …

I’ve tried rendering out as both a movie and image files, neither have worked out as at frame 200 my lamp stops moving in the render in both PNG sequence and FFMpeg and AVI JPEG, I shut it down last night and booted it up today and alas nothing shows up in my render, I’ve tried everything so I’m currently uninstalling blender and reinstalling it and hoping it fixes the issue…

Did you to try render images frames 199 till the end.
1…200 you already have.
So render the last part.

Tried to pick up the png sequence from frame 180 onwards and my lamp just stops moving at 200, I’ve checked, all keyframes still in correct place, also a different animation I’ve been doing in spare time stops at frame 50 (once again i have no idea why) is it possible there is a bug somewhere in blender? This was all working fine until yesterday and really don’t have time to start the whole lamp again, really worried at minute

Yes, it’s very strange. Could be a Blender bug.
Currently I’ve also started a animation. But no bones involved.
And I did not encountered any problems.

Does it always stop at the same frame?
If so, maybe look at the Blender console, to see some Blender internal messages.
(I can’t find this panel in 2.82.7).

Did you try using Eevee, Cycles and Workbench ?

If you wish, you can upload .blend file.

yeah my other animation is an attempt at making fire using the mantaflow physics and no issues (and no bones) other than the fact that the animation length is 250f and stops at frame 50. both my lamp and fire animation stop working by themselves and is always at frame 50 (fire animation) and frame 200 (lamp animation) unfortunately im not technically minded enough to confidently use the console to fix the issue, ive tried switching between eevee and cycles to no avail, I’ll upload the file now and anyone who wants can peruse it and see if they find anything wrong. really appreciate the help and all, feel like during this particular part of the course I’ve run into a lot of hurdles.Lamp 1080 test.blend (4.9 MB)

Reading this, it seams to me more a memory problem.

Mystery!
When I render I got a black screen.

thats what has started happening to my file, I’m beginning to think to fix this I’m going to have to go back to the start of the module, really has me baffled though! why do you think its a memory issue?

Because of

Strange things is, in the chader view port with Cycles on, it shows the lamp, on any frame.

F12 black screen.
CTRL F12 (animation) all black screens.

Even the simple “Workbench” render engine, black screen.
I got the impression the the render engine, has no data to render.
Because the animation 1 … 300 frame, is done in 30sec (all black).
So cycles has nothing to do (render).

I think your .blend file settings is corrupt.
At the beginning of a project, you switch on or off a option … ?

When I create a new empty .blend file.
The using file APPEND. Loading stuff from the original file (incl animation).
I can render full animation.

Do 10% frame size and select Workbench as a render.
Within a few minutes, you can check the full render.
Then increase image size and cycles.

I get the same as FedPete gets.

Maybe Append as Pete suggests or if you did any version control take it from when it was working.

FEDPETE YOU LEGEND!
Crisis averted, calmness restored and you were right, the fix was appending the file, flying now and it’s even fixed a bug with my materials so it looks 10x better, owe you a big one man! Thanks for the help

1 Like

You make me smile ! :wink:
I started in 2016 with this course.
After several attempts to do it on my own, using online tutorials.
You don’t learn then, you copy tricks.

I had the same problems as anyone else have here.
Doubts about yourself, bugs, to full of self-confidence, wanted too much, too fast, wanna do the great stuff other do. But it’s a long road. Blender is such a versatile tool. Opening many interesting directions.

Have fun! Stay healthy.
And go render something !

1 Like

ahh a smile is well worth it lol! i have messed around on youtube before and it can be a great tool for learning yet because they work on their on flow its hard to ick up on what the creator is doing in regards to your own means, I find myself in the same boat though, getting over excited about something im not yet capable of doing, damn limitations! lol

(just since you helped out a lot i figured i’d render out my other 100 frames out for ya) (my materials even look 100x better now)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms