Planet Defender Playable, have Fun

Hello Community :slight_smile:
very thank you, that you read all this :smiley:
the first Point:

the “Alpha Work in Progress” of my Planet Defender (Laser Defender) Game.

you find the Link after my Post.

The “known Bugs”

• my Shooting Timer, have a little Timing Bug, i do not fix this time. so: just hold the left Mouse Button “pressed” i know: it is firing after 0.25 Sekondest the first Time, this is known, but this Time not need to be fixed.
    • “Bomb Amount” is given / to see in UI, but not possible. Bombs are not implemented this time.
    • High Score is not displayed in the Lose or the Win Screen.

That’s all i know on bugs.

known “missing” Artwork:

• PlayerShip have it s own Spirit, this is just Blender “to Do Things” for me,
      cost a lot of Hours. So the redesign of Enemys have to wait, i want to bring
      my Knowledge to better Level, and go future with the Course.
    • the PickUp PowerUps can have better Design, but firstly the work.
      (also is known: i can spawn Random Enemys to drop this, but this is this time
      not really senceful :slight_smile: i want to go on with the Course.
    • that s all :slight_smile:

to the Features:
( i know, i am far away from the Course Mission with this )

PlayerShip:

• Move in all Directions ( left, Right, Up, Down, Diagonales)
    • Get a Protection Shield for 15 Seconds, i can improve this, or make it lesser.
  1. you can have “Superbeam”. Superbeam == you have better Ammo. The Ammo “Superbeam”
    will be also destroy the Bullets of Enemy, and give higher Score, if you kill an Enemy. ( Default
    Ammo just gives 50 )
    • Different Score Points, to different Ammo and different Enemys.
    • just the first 10 Waves ( so 2x 5 Enemy Waves ) spawn in “Formation”, all other Enemys
      following her own Patrol Script.
  2. -Player Ship Side Ships.
    • “Supershoot”, 20 Ammo Points, Right Mouse Button.
    • small little Boss Fight.
    • Every Enemy have it s own Lifepoints and own Movements (Exept the Formation Enemys, they also
      have own Movement + Lifepoints, but join in formation like Laser Defender, all other - move her own way ).

How to handle this ?
For Move: WADS
for default shoot, or Superbeam: left Mouse Button
for Special Shoot: right Mouse Button.
To change the Shooting direction from Front to Rear:
E = Front
Q = rear

( all other is a Input lag, so it s better this way ).

Important: This is not a “Finish Game” this is a Sandbox.
And i know: it uses a lot of things, not learned in the “Laser Defender” Course, it s my own Staff.
I know: this is not “perfect”, but : this is just a Sandbox :slight_smile:
So all together, have Fun to Play.

i happy to hear from you.

http://www.sharemygame.com/share/bea5ba4e-75e8-45bb-82ae-484f9da42f9c

1 Like

Hello @TheNightFlier,

I played your game,
Here are my views on your game…

Pros

1. The change of direction for lasers is innovative and good.
  2. Background music is good.

Cons

1. There is lag and it sometimes becomes frustrating (I tried on Firefox as well as Edge - in both, I am facing lag.)
  2. Player ship doesn’t travel till the end of the horizontal edge. (It doesn’t cover the entire horizontal space)
  3. There is a bomb counter but don’t know what it is used for (Not written in the description of the game)

Hello my Friend :slight_smile:Thank you for trying my Sandbox :slight_smile:
yes i know, there 2 Problems with. The Lag can be reason from Graphic Card, i use 3 Particle Fields in the Beckgrund, here i have no leg, but also a very fast PC hm.

The Shooting Direction is good, the problem is the shootinng leg (beforue the First Shoot, the Cooldown comes, i need to change this)

the bombs are not implementet this time :slight_smile: No problem - the work will countine, but first i want to follow the other Staff of the course, an this time my job is very stressy :frowning:

Played the game, it’s pretty neat, I like how your gave the formations movement patterns!
The player bullets do seem to collide with the enemy bullets, I’m not sure if this is intentional or if there is actual collision, it does look a bit weird. Other than that, great effort!

Hello my Friend :slight_smile:
The colliision between bullets and enemy bullets is the goal of this.
you can use the Superbeam Ammo, this will destroy the Enemy Bullets to, and lower the Enemy healt to 1 hit :smiley:
just try it again.
default bullets, will destroy if they hit other default bullet, that is like i want to have this :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms