Pitch Speed Extremely Slow

After carefully following Rick’s instruction then comparing my code to his in the GitHub, I’m stumped as to why I cannot get my pitch changes to be faster. Here’s a screen cap to show how long it takes for the pitch to adjust:

PitchProblem 0001-0515

Here are screen shots of my code:

I’ve tried messing around with both the Pitch Factor values, but it doesn’t change the pitch movement speed when I hold down the up/down arrows.

Any insight would be appreciated!

Did you change the value in the code, or did you change the value in your Unity inspector?

I tried both, no impact from either

Hiya!
Don’t forget to look at all the settings that are in the Input Manager. These settings are not part of the GitHub code and are local to only your machine. Check that your Gravity and Sensitivity for vertical and horizontal are not set to some whacky values. For keyboard they are set to 3.

1 Like

Thanks! This was precisely the issue - both vertical and horizontal sensitivities were set to 0.01. After fiddling a bit, the final value I liked best was 2.5.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms