Pioneer Delta

Game idea (in character):
A probe descending through a cavern-riddled planet to discover relics of an ancient alien civilization.

Theme:
Will almost certainly be failed by my lack of artistic skill, but what I want is for this to seem like a journey, each level distinctly different, while going from more ‘geological formations’ to ‘ancient wreckage, maybe?’ to ‘definitely alien’. Ideally I’d want a player to start thinking, “This is a fun time-waster,” and then after a couple levels actually be intrigued enough to wonder what’s next.

Basic game idea:
Use directional keys to guide a rocket from point a to point b, around, over, and through obstacles to a safe landing.
A collision is the end of the run.
There are multiple levels.
Obstacles can be falling and/or moving.

Things to add if I have the ability:
Power-ups
Score (starts high, thrusting lowers it, so getting through most efficiently is a high score)
Fuel (including fuel bar, and fuel refill power-ups)

Things I almost certainly won’t be able to add, but would be nice:
A weapon for some destroyable obstacles

3 Likes

All very attainable add’s but careful of project creep.

Nice Idea’s

1 Like

What did you call me?!

Ha ha ha! Kidding. Yeah, the ‘things to add’ are more just ‘let’s not delay the whole thing for them, but they might be fun to add if I get the knowledge during the class - if not, no big deal, but might be fun to revisit and all them later in that case!’ It’s a fair warning, I naturally have a tendency to fall prey to that, I’m trying to avoid it here (with moderate success).

Haha. Sometimes the adding of features is a great little learning adventure.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms