Pawn spawns above the ground

Hi, I bought your UE5 Complete Course and I’m trying to make the Toon Tank Game by myself.
This is the Pawn Blueprint I’ve made:

The problem is that it spawns slightly above the ground:

As you can see I’ve made the 3D models myself, and I have:

• Selected the Player Start and pressed the End Key to make sure it’s fixed on the ground
  • Removed the collisions on the static meshes

I have also enabled physics and the pawn actually falls on the ground at begin play, but I don’t like this solution, because the Pawn should not simulate physics and I don’t want to see it fall.

I could also move the tank base mesh down but that would be another “forced” solution.

What I would like to know is why the pawn floats on the ground for no apparent reason and what is the correct and clean solution to this.

Thank you in advance.

To be honest I’m not entirely sure what’s up with the player start. It seems to only function correctly for animated characters. I tested with the Stack-o-bot example project and it only spawned on the floor when it had its animation blueprint selected.

Honestly I would just have the tank in the level and autopossess as what was done originally.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms