Passed today (95%)

This course was a great review, thanks! I agree with another summary that Physics.Raycast shows up a lot! There was also quite a lot on Particles, and on the difference Animator vs. Animation.

A friend lent me access to the Unity course review, and I glanced at it last night – I think this Udemy course is much much better for actually explaining the concepts well (the Unity course is mainly following along as someone step by step builds a game). However – several of the exam questions (maybe 20%) were taken exactly word-for-word from the self-test in the Unity course. I had to review materials and particles one more time after I took their practice test, but otherwise I felt very prepared from this Udemy course.

The exam is clearly broken up into small sections (Physics, Materials, Lighting, Programming, etc) and after each section you find out immediately how many you got right. The proctors seemed to just assume that everybody in the room was going to pass, so they must have a pretty high success rate in general.

Best wishes to everyone taking the course!

3 Likes

Congratulations @christine, fantastic news and what an awesome score! I was going to post yesterday and ask how you got on but I wasn’t sure whether you would have completed it by that point with the time difference.

Really well done and thanks for taking the time to pop back and provide us with your survivors tale :slight_smile:

Thanks! Actually one more quick thought/tip – it’s worth having a quick one-phrase definition for each of albedo/smoothness/specularity/normal/occlusion (especially that albedo is without any lighting data) and having a way to distinguish definitions for “normal” vs “smoothness”, since both are about detail on the surface that changes the way light interacts.

Hi, lets tag @sampattuzzi and perhaps it’s something that can be added? :slight_smile:

@christine congratulations on such a fantastic score. I think you beat me!

Did you also mention they have now added mobile deployment to the syllabus? If so that’s new and we do need to update the course soon to reflect this.

1 Like

@sampattuzzi Thanks for the great course!
I’d been looking at https://certification.unity.com/themes/certification/docs/unity-certified-developer_courseware_learning-outcomes.pdf and the topic at the bottom is Mobile Deployment. In Unity’s version of the course, they do have a unit on this, but it’s the only section that doesn’t include a self-test, and also during the actual exam, there were no questions about this. I have no idea if it’s something they plan to change in the future, but for now it doesn’t seem to be on the exam.

-c

1 Like

Hmm, possibly they will include it down the line so we should be prepared.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms