Outside Topic: GrappleShot/Hookline Variables issue : UE5

I’m looking for some assistance on a topic outside of the Unreal Engine course which includes the following tutorial: Unreal Engine - Grappling Tutorial (1/4) - YouTube

I have this issue (see image), where the local variable I created can’t be connected to the GetActorLocation node because it’s an “Actor Action Utility Object Reference” and not an “Actor Object Reference”. Is there a way to get these connected or should I be using a different approach? Or guidance on where I can go to get this answered?

I understand the difference between the tutorial and my project is that I’m using Unreal Engine 5.

Looks like in the tutorial he has CurrentTarget as an Actor Reference. Is there a reason you need the different type?

Thank you for your time and reply.
I didn’t think I needed the different one, I just figured since I was using UE5, something had changed between engines in regards to how promoting an array variable worked.
I eventually found my problem was the function’s entry node. I think I just mis-clicked in the beginning so it was set to an Actor Action Utility. The two categories are next to each other in the dropdown list.
Embarrassingly, I just wasn’t paying close enough attention.

No worries, it happens to all of us!

I’m glad you worked out the solution to the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms