OPAR: Lighting

Hey everyone,

Here’s my Level 1 design scene with the light modifications (the level design is quite basic, I’ll get into more details later when I finish the lectures):

OPAR_Lighting

1. Spotlight (white line): I decided to create a spotlight on an item which has our Oscillator script on, which moves from left to right on the screen. In my opinion this gives the player a greater challenge, because if he doesn’t moves fast enough to follow the light or can’t remember the path he’ll be left out in the dark.

2. Moving Obstacles (red lines): I have on my first level only 2 Obstacles that are currently in movement. One at the beginning just over the player (which moves left/right) and another one in the middle of the maps which is kind of tricky, first because getting the right movement (moves on 3 axis at the same time) was hard and second because it slows down the player while the light moves.

3. Landing/Checkpoint Platforms (LP/CP): these items only have a point light on to make them look more obvious in the world.

• the lighting is slightly brighter than what it actually should be, just for showing purposes

Hope you enjoyed the scenery and let me know what you think about it :smiley:

As always have a great day :sunglasses:

Privacy & Terms