OMG -3 weeks to make ears, lol! xxx

4 Likes

You can model instead of sculpt. Or start with a modelled ear then fine tune it in sculpting.

Modelled flat to lay out topography to the shape.
Then verts moved to make the depth.
Subdiv for smoothing and then more tweaking.

Probably need more on the head connecting side but I was only playing.

Simple modeling no sculpting.

5 Likes

Looking good! But with hair, are we going to see them in detail …

3 Likes

Someone on Facebook asked me if I could help to make a TV show, this is the first scene of a comedy sketch I’m going to make XXX

3 Likes

wow! Thank you xxx

1 Like

been making a chair today, lol xxx

4 Likes

That is a fun and interesting way to make an ear. I like it. Can I see the back(from the other side) of the modeled ear?

3 Likes

Looks cool so far. I like the shape of the sculpted nose. Have fun.

2 Likes

Like this?

I was only playing, it is odd without the head to attach to, lol.
It is the older way really, and better, before sculpting became better and popular. Start with the ‘re’ toppology. Now Multires is good too makes it even better way to go. You keep a low poly and a high poly version. If you ever want a LP for any reason that is. :grin:

Oh I suppose I best say I added the back after I gave depth to the original flat lay out of the ear. But once you have a base started it is not hard to add onto it.

3 Likes

Yes. Thank you :heart_eyes_cat:. I wanted to see the depth proportion and the topology flow.

1 Like

I forgot to bookmark one of your posts. One with an image of the topology flow when doing retopology. I think you posted it here as a reply to a dragon or an orc retopology if I remember correctly. Do you still have it? It’s more than fine if you don’t have it now okay!! It’s just that I was doing manual retopology for my human model and i needed to know how to keep quads and didn’t want to mess it up for rigging.

1 Like

There is loads online I tend just to look there if I need a guide. Often able to search for hands, head, etc.
There is the old 2.7 archived GD course that is best, it built a head this way and due to that covered the topology issues and principles.

2 Likes

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=retopology+hands+faces&t=ffab&atb=v342-1&iar=images&iax=images&ia=images

1 Like

yes, her hair will be in a pony tail, xxx today I have started to draw God - he is one of my characters in my comedy sketch that I’m creating, lol xxx Happy Monday! Just finished this, it's for my animated, comedy, sketch, xxx | By Jess | Facebook

thanks, xxx

Wow! thisv is helpful, I’m still finding sculpting a real challenge, lol xxx - Happy Monday! Just finished this, it's for my animated, comedy, sketch, xxx | By Jess | Facebook

1 Like

been off creating a hair salon xxx

1 Like

What’s this colorful mystique ‘flower’ …
it doesn’t fit in the overall scene.
Besides that, it looks good. Maybe too much shininess on the walls?

1 Like

I don’t understand which object you mean? xxx. I made the walls, it’s far from finished yet, lol xxx. Thanks for looking, I need all the feedback I can get, lol xxx How are you doing today? xxx

Do you know why all my objects are different colours when I take it into the sculpting workspace? XXX

1 Like

Colours are faces sets. Go to the face sets tab upper left menu bar, face sets from visible. If you want to be rid of them!

Good start on a hand.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms