Number Wizard Asset not revealing code

Hi, this is bizarre. I have a visual studio .cs file containing the script I have written so far for the Number Wizard tutorial, I’m at lesson 10 Variables. :grinning: This was started by creating the C# script in the Asset space within Unity.

Next day I go to open the Number Wizard in Unity’s Hub and there is no Number Wizard code. :open_mouth:

Yet if I open Visual Studio the path to Number Wizard path is their and so is the file containing the code. Seems like I have lost the link from Unity to open it. I have :eyes: everywhere

Has anyone experience this and know how I can re-establish the code withing Unity? :slightly_frowning_face:

Joe

Hi Joe90,

While I haven’t experienced this issue myself, I’ve noticed in the context menu for assets in Unity there is an option to Reimport. Have you tried doing this?

How I found it: In Unity, and within the Assets window, right-click anywhere other than one of the assets and in the context menu there’ll be “Reimport” under “Refresh”

If that doesn’t help you, then you may be required to import the file again. Do this by using the same context menu, but use the “Import New Asset…” option. Select the file you wish to import and click Import

Hey, thanks CainoV

I tried the re-import but no show. So I deleted everything including the path directory structure and started from fresh. I understand better now where things live and the right process order for creating or editing the scripts.

Was good practice!

Cheers
Joe

Privacy & Terms