Not exactly a lamp

Hi everyone!
i was really excited about this topic so i made this low poly ninja for my scene. my plan is to animate a parkour scene. i was thinking about a backflip or something like this, but I really don’t know if I’ll be capable of doing something like this. :sweat_smile:

here is my plan:

6 Likes

Nice, I really like the concept! As far as the animation goes, I’ve looked at Grant Abbitt’s rigging tutorial on Youtube and have managed to do my first rig and animation in about 3 hours. It was super basic but it was a lot of fun! Give it a try if you want and see what happens. (I would point you to a part of this tutorial that deals with animation but I didn’t get to it myself yet)

2 Likes

Armature rigging is the official way to do this.

But you can also, modify the mesh, render a frame, modify the mesh, render a frame.
You can do that also with the help of shape keys.
All those frames you can combine in the Blender movie editor, to create a video (with audio)).

But honestly, be patient and follow the course. In the lamp course you will be instructed to use armature rigging. Or follow some vids.

2 Likes

The course only does a lamp, the very basic non human or animal rigging. There is a whole internal add on ‘rigify’ to use to make it easier. But you will need to chase down uTube tutorials to see how to use that. If you have no experience with rigging I suggest just doing the lamp to get hold of the basics first. Crawl before trying to run, or do parkour!

1 Like

Yes, It’s all about the basics. Learn that first before trying to achieve difficult things.
Because rigging an armature is the first step. A good mesh object is also needed.
And then understanding of human movement. All difficult aspects.

The Blender internal armatures, are very complex. Including facial expressions, etc.

But rigging isn’t that difficult, once you have created a puppet and an armature. Just parent the object to the bones and choose automatic weight paint. And you are good to go …

GameDev have also a characters (animation ) course. But it handles a lot of stuff already told in the general course How to use Blender etc. But it goes in depth in the animation of a puppet, like the one you created.

1 Like

Thank you for the tip. ill watch his videos right now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I already done the armature rigging, but i agree w you, guys. im having so many issues w this animation. i really need more experience before trying something like this. anyway, i followed the course and at the same time i tried to improve the ninja animation (just for fun).
ill update my progress in the future lesson’s topics. :smiley:
and ty for the advices :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cool! Post some results for us to see your progress!

that’s how it is so far. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Looking really good!

That looks really good.

Amazing stuff. You really are on the right track!
It’s impressive. I would say welcome to the animation club (@Wordofcurse).

Holy smokes! That is impressive! And you just started to, yes? That really is good.

Ty! ^^ yes, this course is being my first experience with blender. I have learned a lot from the community and I had a lot of fun doing the course challenges. I am very grateful for the community’s feedback :slight_smile:

Ah thank you, @Ethan_Martinez @FedPete @NP5! :smiley:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms