Hi everyone! Been having a ton of fun with this course and am looking forward to seeing more 2018 sections released! In the meantime I’ve been working on polishing Laser Defender into a medieval themed “North Defender”. Shoot fireballs at the undead, and watch out for the icy bolts of the mounted necromancers!
It’s still a work in progress, but I’ve added some additional components to the game like:
- Adding randomness to enemy generation and path selection
- Adding enemy “shielding” VFX for when projectiles don’t immediately kill enemies
- Enemies randomly choose from a list of death SFX for variety
- Adding the ability for enemies to have a chance to spawn player consumables from a given item list on death
- Added health potions which can’t take you over your starting health
Best played with sound
Would love to hear feedback and suggestions!