New To The Course

Hi Fellow Students :slight_smile:

I am new to this course (just finished section one getting everything set-up) and am curious who else is new too! :grin:

So excited to learn!!!

2 Likes

Not new, but I can tell you that you’re going to have lots of fun moving forward. Welcome!

1 Like

:slight_smile: Hi @Michael_Marinis_GR Thank you for responding! What has been your favorite part of these courses so far?

1 Like

If I had to say I have a favourite part, then that would be the challenges provided, especially in the Unity course. And also, one thing Ben said at the very same course that I kept it well inside me.

"Pick your battles when it comes to learning"

Most of us when it comes to something new, we want to learn as much as possible to build a strong foundation and gain some momentum. However, this is probably going to cause confusion and eventually we’ll feel burned out. Don’t be afraid to start slow and give some time to yourself.

Yes, most lectures are around 10-12 minutes long, but this shouldn’t trick you into thinking that the concepts presented in each and every one of these are not important. Give time to them, make sure you understand and rewatch them again and again. When it comes to big challenges, give it time to familiarize yourself with the tools you have and you’ll end up with knowledge you didn’t think you’d acquire.

And don’t hesitate to share. There will be times where people will not see or respond to your posts here or in any other place, but don’t let it bring you down. Participate as much as you can and you’ll see a huge difference in your learning experience.

That’s all I have to say from my experiences. Keep pushing and you’ll see how great you’ll become. Sorry for the long post, have a safe and nice day ahead!

:slight_smile: Thank you @Michael_Marinis_GR for sharing your experience and advice!

I will definitely keep that in mind as I am moving forward! Starting to learn the code for the triple X game in VS Code.

Hope you stay safe as well and I would love to see some of the things that you have created if you can share any :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your kind words :slight_smile:

You can check some of my posts in my profile if you want, it’s good to see other people’s creations. There is a high possibility that you’ll get inspired from something.

Stay safe too, I wish you have a happy learning journey!

Hi there I’am also new to this course, I’m from Paraguay and eager to learn, hope you all can help me out when I need it. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

:slight_smile: I think I will, thanks Michael!

Hi Alvaro! :slight_smile: I am excited too! I hope you have fun and I am excited to see what you make! :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms