Need some insight! [Help needed!]

Hello!
I’m trying to implement a death score system that shows, at the win screen (Last scene in-game), how many times you died during the game.
My death count text is disabled during the Level Scenes and I want to enable it when the last scene is loaded, but I can’t get the code for it to work, because the death count system is in a different script than the scene loader script.
I’d love for some insight on what to do to get a workaround… Thanks for the help!

A gameobject that can persist is what you want and don’t destroy unload I believe

I can make that work, but it’ll show the Death Count on the Level Scenes, and I wanted it to only be visible on the last scene, the “Victory Scene” :confused:

You want the variable deathCountto persist not the ui. Then ontjr victory screen your ui can pull that data

Ohh, let me have a go at that and i’ll tell you in a bit if I got it working!

I managed to make it work! I turned the DeathCount variable into a public static and finally was able to access it from another code! It’s working perfectly, thank you for the help :smiley:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms