Need some help please regarding the chessboard

Hi all.
I have two questions… maybe you can help me

1. How come I don’t see the vertex count on the bottom of my file
    screen?
    (see attached screen pic)
    how can I get it back?
  2. Why I cannot reach the ‘Remove doubles’ by pressing F3 ?
    (see attached pic)
    What can I do to make it appear? Or is there another way to
    reach it?
    Thanks a lot!!
    Shira
1 Like

You switched this information off. Right mouse click on that position to see a menu popup.
Or switch on “Statistics”, using the “Show overlays” feature, top and besides Gizmo, Toggle Xray …

“Remove doubles” is renamed to “Merge by distance”
Which is a better name for the function performed.

Select some vertices, rightmouse button. A popup menu > Merge Vertices > by distance.

Have fun, show us your progress.

2 Likes

Woww. . Thank so much for your fast reply!!
I will very soon show you my progress

1 Like

Thank you @FedPete as I was wondering where that information I had always seen on the top of the UI along with the Blender version when I was working in version 2.79. Now I’ve got it turned on, and will make sure my “default” startup scene has it initialized as well. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Hidden Blender treasures … :wink:

I know! The newer UIs are much “neater and cleaner” than the older versions, but when you’ve been using the software for many, many years, it takes some getting used to, and I just couldn’t find an “obvious” way to get it back, so thanks again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ohhh, guess what I just found . . . in Edit > Preferences, under Interface option you can choose what you want to see on that bottom Status Bar, and Scene Statistics IS one of the options. :grin:

1 Like

I tis actually off by default in the newer versions. Been that way a while.

Statistics base bar gone?

Yes it has been changed, off by default. It is still available by right clicking on that bar area and ticking the boxes for the ones you want to be displayed.

If you’re missing statistics in your status bar, and would alternatively or additionally like them in a different place, they can also be displayed top left of the 3d viewport.

Open the preferences via the menu Edit > Preferences, Interface > Status Bar > and then tick Scene Statistics.

You will also need to activate it via the overlays dropdown (top right area of 3d view) Statistics tick box. They then show in the top left corner of the 3d view.

2 Likes

I don’t use this info very much. Only to spot doubles if I think there are some.

Ahhh, I hadn’t tried that method yet. Also good to know. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms