Need help with AI behavior in Mars Marine

I am trying to basically go off on my own after finishing the courses, and one thing I was wanting to do was make the animations when the spiders turn to the player a lot…smoother, along with using different animations depending on if it’s turning, as of now, they just snap to you, and I’m not so sure on how to fix that.

I should preface this with an declaration that I’m not an animation expert.

I think a simple way to handle it would be to create sidestep-left and sidestep-right animations and blend between those and the walking animation, you’ll need to factor in smooth rotations for this to work though.

Ooooo! Thanks man! I did make an animation blendspace to make them account for when they rotate but how exactly would I go about making them smoothly rotate instead of having them snap to the direction you’re at? I will admit, I am still figuring this stuff out.

Edit:I was able to figure out how to make them rotate more smoothly, but they still don’t use the walking left and right animations in the blendspace…I am not very good at this.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms