Need help with a weird camera issue

Hello!

I can’t for the life of me figure out what is going on with my camera? When I push anything too far back into space (in this case back on y-axis), the camera bends and distorts it in such an odd manner. But once I scroll out of the camera view, everything appears to be in place. Does anyone know what could be going on to cause this funkiness?

Camera View:

3d World View

I’m no pro but I would take a look at the object data of the camera (properties) - there look for clipping and experiment with the end of clipping just an idea

objekt-data-camera

1 Like

In the first image there is also top right, a small gap between the orange outline and the blue face.

Did you do something special with the plain. How did you bend?
Disable modifiers!

Can be a Blender problem, then the best is to start a new file, and append your temple and rebuild the background.

2 Likes

If you increase the clip end value that marty65 showed, you can solve that problem. Or you can try changing your camera lens. 50 mm is generally used for close up shots. Try 120mm for example or 100mm

1 Like

Thank you!! This did the trick! It was driving me bananas - I appreciate the help!

1 Like

Thanks for the advice! I haven’t quite gotten to modifiers yet, the bend in the backdrop was made using a cube mesh and the bevel tool.
I ended up playing with the clipping as Marty65 suggested and that ended up working! I appreciate the troubleshooting though!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms