Need a lot of help!

Can you describe the behavior more, what happens when you run the program? Does the enemy that spawns in the middle jump to the first waypoint after or straight to the second one?

No, it spawns in the centre and then continues towards the bottom left in the same path of the green waypoints, the second clone spawns in the centre and follows that path. So the only thing that is wrong is where the ships are spawning on path 1

Everything I can see here looks ok so I have to ask some more questions: Are you spawning one type of enemy in wave 0 and another in wave 1? If so, are the enemies that’s supposed to follow path 1 centered in their prefab?

They’re variants of the same prefab, wave 0 uses enemy 0 and wave 1 uses enemy variant 1, but I’ve tried setting wave 1 to use the same prefab and different prefabs but all of the same variant. And everything was centered when created, just gonna try and make a new enemy prefab that’s totally different and see if that might trigger a difference

Okay, set a totally new sprite and things get weirder. So wave 0 had enemy 0 set as all 3 clones and wave 1 had enemy 1 set as all clones.

For some reason, on play, wave 0 displays enemy 1 following the path of wave 0 and on wave 1, enemy 1 appears in the centre and follows the path of wave 1 but from the centre. So, it overrides enemy 0 entirely

Wait, I think I know what’s wrong. You edited the prefab in the scene. You need to apply the changes to the prefab. Click the ‘Overrides’ dropdown at the top and apply all changes

(This is a sample from one of my prefabs, but it will look like that)

1 Like

You’ve done it!!! I did that earlier but obviously with bad code it mustn’t have done anything worthwhile.

Thanks so much, as always you’re a hero!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms