My well render has arrived!

Hello to everyone who stumbled across my well!

13 Likes

Welcome to this site.

A fine if wind blown and a few tiles lost well!
Great lamp added on.

Welcome aboard!
Love the rundown feel to the well!
IMHO the fence is tiniest bit overkill. The way the wooden parts are arranged makes me think that somebody did a sloppy job, rather than fence getting old and falling apart. But you nailed the shabby roof, awesome!

Well done, love the fence and how you make the mood feels like it’s a warmful night. Good job :slightly_smiling_face:

I totally agree about the fence. I didn’t use a reference picture, and that was my biggest mistake… I also realised later that I only moved around horizontal parts whereas realistically vertical posts would also be tilted. I’m here to learn so thank you so much for your observation! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you so much!

Thank you for your kind words! :slight_smile:

We can’t miss them :wink:

I like the composition and the fence is a nice detail.
Also the lamp, but it gets lost (too tiny, visual merged into the post).
Back then, I did the same.

1 Like

Great job. Nicely arranged and lighted. Keep up the good work. :slight_smile:

Thank you so much I’ll keep that in mind! :slight_smile:

Thank you so much!

Hm, can you tell me what you did with the bricks of the well? Is it lighting? Or did you change the shape to something “rounder”? The edges do seem smoother. :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is a BEVEL feature. It will be explained.
But basically use a bevel modifier on the stone. Non destructive
Or apply a bevel command to the edges of a mesh (Ctrl b). Destructive

2 Likes

Hey! I’m sorry for the late reply. I had some experience in Blender before I started the course so I used the bevel tool in edit mode on the edges (Ctrl + B). This tool will be discussed in the course a bit later and you will have an opportunity to try it on a different challenge! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey Cathy :slight_smile: you’ve done a superb job on this scene. I love how dark it is too, it adds to the creepy feeling of what could be hiding down the well etc. the little light kind of encourages you to want to go nearer to the well, even though you really don’t want to :laughing: overall, excellent job with this one, keep up the great work! :slight_smile: :+1:

3 Likes

Aww thank you so much! :pleading_face:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms