My VR Goals

I recently completed the Unreal C++ course and I’m hoping to apply those skills to VR. I have a game in mind that I’m planning to start in parallel with this course. I’m planning to knock this course out in about a month.

I have an Oculus Quest 2 with the Link cable.

I’m halfway through the Unreal C++ course and really enjoying it. I want to take another course after it, and would love to also do something with VR, but am not sure I am ready for something that advanced since I’m a beginner. Any recommendations on a next course for me to take?

So far I’ve found this VR course to be good follow-up to the Unreal C++ course. They assume that you’re already familiar with C++, but I don’t feel like they are assuming mastery. I’m planning to take the multiplayer course as well, but I’m happy with my decision to take VR second. I got stuck a bit on lecture 7 when I decide to use a different Unreal environment (sample collection) from the instructor. When I finally decided to watch the rest of lecture 7 I realized that he covered problems that one might encounter including the ‘world override’ that stumped me. I wouldn’t be afraid of the course.

I’ve programmed in C for years, but I’ve never dived too deeply into C++ until lately. I’ve noticed an improvement in my programming style after the C++ course.

Hi there, I just finished the C++ course for Unreal and am really excited about this VR course. My goal with this course is to gain the skillset to add VR controls and capabilities to games and projects that I work on. Additionally, there is a rise in VR popularity where I live and I want to be able to join in on that and seek new opportunities.

I plan to follow this course the same way I did the C++ course. Which is to dedicate ~30mins a day to making it through lectures and attempting all of the challenges. When I can, I also aim to build on top of what is covered, but time is not always so forgiving XP

I don’t currently have a side project, though my friend and I have been toying with an idea. I don’t see that one utilizing VR so much so for the purpose of this course, I’m going to say no.

I am running Windows 10 on my PC and will be using my Oculus Rift S for following along with this course.

Once I finally tried VR I was hooked. It brings a new level of immersion. However, I haven’t build up much resistance to it so I can’t play too long. Anyway, what I am most excited about is how to take the VR controls and interact with the game world we create.

Bit of a long one, but I wanted to knock this out. I am excited to start this course. Good luck everyone!

Privacy & Terms