My VR Goals and Ideas

Hi,
I’m Brian and I am a software developer of 20+ years in a large services company for industry, around 50k employees. We have used VR and AR for all manner of safety training, promotional materials and demos of our technology using Unity for both internal and external clients. We mostly use HTC Vive as well as HP Headsets, particularly for mobile demo setups, since Steam support was launched but we also have had a Dell headset, an Oculus Rift and various pieces of AR Hardware including HoloLens and Google Glass type hardware.

I personally have been involved in 3 different developments, all fairly small, involving AR (both kit and core) and VR (desktop and cardboard) but it has all been in Unity3D.

I have a few ideas myself for an educational game for kids and something less child friendly too. I could work with Unity but am more interested in the Unreal Engine.

I don’t quite have a headset yet, but it is in the post and it should be arriving tomorrow. I was holding out for an Oculus Rift but then saw a massive discount on the HP headset on Amazon that was way too good to turn down.

I will be doing other stuff with it beyond this course but not 100% sure yet.

What I’m looking forward to? VR. Playing with the tools. Some of the most relaxed times at work is when I’ve been working on Unity VR - it’s high stress but at the same time more rewarding than any other project I work on.

Have fun people. I’m gonna have a blast.

Privacy & Terms