My version of block breaker

This is quite different from what Ben created in the course…

I went on and created my own version without following the instructions on the course. It’s meant to be unbeatable and pay attention for “hidden” continue buttons.

Features I added: Volume slider, sparks when ball hits the paddle, ball accelerates when it hits the paddle, every block has a randomized color

What’s different: I use triggers instead of collisions because I’m not bouncing the ball with Unity’s physics engine. I take the Rigidbody2D component and modify the velocity accordingly. No sound effects (yet). You use arrow keys or WASD to control paddle. There is no win condition because game is meant to be unbeatable.

PS: The star background is just a wide image (3840 x 1080) which is moving to the right. It blinks because of Unity’s rendering. Feel free to use my idea.

Unfortunately Unity Web does not support movie textures (which I used in the final level) so it is only accessible by downloading it.

Play with a 16:9 resolution (1280x720, 1366x768, 1600x900, 1920x1080)

DISCLAIMER!!!: Epilepsy warning, file size is very high for some reason (85MB zip, 105MB unzipped)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzh5vnXQyoP5R2RERm9LeWItbGM

Privacy & Terms