My terminal hacker game

https://sharemygame.com/@NegativeChar/terminal-hacker

P.S. A weird bug occurred when a friend of mine tried to run the game on his second monitor. The terminal didn’t appear, just a blue screen with sound effects. Worked fine on his main monitor, though… No idea why that happened.

Anyway, hope you enjoy!

1 Like

That’s the story of all game developers. Bug come and go and sometimes there’s no idea why.

1 Like

Hi there.

I just attempted to give it a go and the site is behaving strangely for me on Firefox. Once it loaded, the viewport was frozen in a corner of the screen. I tried going fullscreen and back a few times but the issue remained.

1 Like

That is odd… I tried it in firefox myself and it ran fine, is there anything else that you think could be causing it? (second monitor, etc.)

1 Like

I tried again just now and it’s doing the same thing. I can’t say why it’s acting in this peculiar way but I have had to reload some of the other games I’ve played on the site in order to get them to function. I’ll check again after I clear my cache and update if it changes anything.

UPDATE: I found out what caused the bug with Terminal Hacker while testing project boost. My friend was using a 4k monitor, I had set up the game for 1920x1080. If I recall correctly the Terminal is a UI element, and I never anchored it. That taught me a lesson on how one little slip that seems fine to me with UI can ruin it for another device :laughing:

1 Like

Thank you for sharing your solution!

1 Like

I like the humour you have once the ‘hacking’ is done, very funny!

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms