My Showcase

How, did you get such a nice topology, with sculpting?

1 Like

@FedPete
That is the retopologized version with baked maps :grin:

Shape-Creature Challenge :

Base Image :

Created Creature :

6 Likes

Those armors wow… did you sculpt everthing? Even the gryphons? Or it was just a bump map thing?

The goat, looks like a goat despite being stylized and the horns being so thick. :smile:

This stone dude is a genius idea!
the reference image really look like it lol

2 Likes

Hi @capa14

Yes, the armors i actually sculpted all of the detail as a practice exercise.

Thanks for your kind words :smiley:

1 Like

Works are definitely becomes better )

1 Like

@jakarta
thanks mate :slight_smile:

Cannon :

5 Likes

A nice simple ship’s cannon model.

However, if I may, it’s my impression the barrel surface is far too heavily uneven and pitted. Further, I think the touch hole is huge. Oh, and why the odd patinated copper trunnion securing ‘clasp’. Now seen it lacks a ‘wedge’ to change elevation.

You are too good at the CG to be let down by research if looking for reality. :slight_smile:

Reference.

Touch hole

Ok, that’s me being realistic, pedantic, a fantasy one can be any way you like.
I have not checked, but, even though your cannon is probably a smaller calibre than the referenced photos, I feel it is too ‘fat’ relative to length. Further research might well serve you for accurate proportions.

1 Like

@NP5
Thanks for the adivce :slight_smile:
Honestly i just didn’t have enough time to go on finish it and it’s more a stylized approach. But as you said, i should check more references :smiley:
Just my timelimit kept me rushing a bit.

Just came here after seeing your Harry Potter Chess Set. I really enjoyed scrolling through and seeing your progression! This kind of thing can be really inspiring for new users, I think, and shows the possibilities if you stick with it. Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

Oh yeah! The mic is crazy!

1 Like

Wow, I have yet to learn this… Right now I’m looking at you guys’ meshes and wondering how you keep them this clean haha :joy:

1 Like

Wow

1 Like

You have some insane modeling skills.

1 Like

@Tyger2, @TimijanDM, @Jome_Favourite, @Ethan_Martinez

Thanks guys :slight_smile:
Yeah, it’s been some years since i started and there’s still much to learn. But it’s a fun journey, so expect to see more :smiley:

2 Likes

I don’t know you, you don’t know me but I’m truly happy for all you’ve accomplished so far. I guess it’s nice to see someone succeeding and making lots of progress. :smiley: Super great job!

3 Likes

Hey Ralph, thanks a lot mate :slight_smile:
Trying to keep it up :smiley:

Hi @Manu_Scheller, did you make more models? We all miss you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Haha, thanks :smiley:
Been working on some stuff

Privacy & Terms